Overview & Challenge
The Client is one of the largest US music retailer chain with more than 200 locations, existing on the market for more than 50 years. Besides selling musical instruments, the Client also offers music lessons and repair of musical instruments. Their mission is to ensure that everyone, musicians and non-musicians enjoy when playing or learning to play a musical instrument.
The client implemented IBM Sterling as their order management system. Their goal was to unify all brands into a singular process and ERP system, therefore, consolidating all brands into one order management solution. This migration had to be thoroughly tested, but the Client lacked an organized approach with a strict and defined testing timeline for each of the phases. Other challenges:
- Limited QA resources
- Limited system support
- Ensure system functionality and system stability before peak season
- Ensure brand functionality for all brands
- A systematic and trackable testing process that ensures what/when/how was verified.
- A very well-organized testing process with maximized efficiency.
- Low to none post-production issues, even when the regression time range is limited.
- Well-timed triage and problem localization of the detected issues, resulting in shortened period for ticket fixing and resolution.
- A focused team that finds a way through any obstacles or blockers.
- High-quality software and components, reliable reports, and “how-to” documentation.