AWS Global Summits are events that bring the cloud computing community together to connect, collaborate, and learn more about AWS. This year the AWS Summit took place on 22nd May in the capital of Sweden, Stockholm. Two of our cloud team members attended the summit and they were able to hear what the AWS experts had to say about their experiences with the latest cloud technologies and some of the best practices that they have used, as well as to see how some of the leading industry companies like SCANIA, TINE etc. have implemented AWS solutions, migrating their applications from monolithic architectures to micro services.
As a company we are not falling behind the latest trends in the IT industry, and it is the same with the AWS solution that we are offering to our clients. The summit was also a great opportunity for our employees to visit one of the most beautiful Scandinavian cities, meet with other programmers that attended the summit, share some experiences and enjoy on the sun, with a beautiful sea sight and good beer.
Considering the satisfaction our employees get from these events, this wouldn’t be the last time our company is sending employees to see and learn some new and useful things. We decided to ask them several questions regarding the Summit and here is what they said.
1. What was the Summit about?
- This year’s AWS Summit in Stockholm featured global keynote announcements, networking, breakout sessions on the latest cloud technology topics, access to AWS experts, hands-on learning, and a solution expo.
2. What did you like most about the event?
- We liked how the event was organized with a lot of speakers and attendants from all over the world. It was a pretty busy day with more than 40 sessions about the latest cloud technology trends and solutions. The networking part was also one of our favorite parts where we got the chance to meet and talk with other programmers as well.
3. What were your favorite experiences or moments at the Summit?
- There were a lot of interesting things on the summit, however one of the most favorite experience was the opportunity to see how the leading industries are implementing the latest AWS cloud technologies to improve everyday life of people. We can take SCANIA as an example – they are using AWS services to track and analyze if the truck drivers are tired.
4. What did you learn from the Summit?
- We learned that cloud is our future and there is always something new that comes up every day. We need to be prepared for the changes and start welcoming them as soon as they happen in order to be more competitive and help our clients to outsmart their competition.
5. How would you rate the Summit?
- As it was our first experience of this kind, we would rate the Summit with an A+, especially because of the AWS Ninja.
We hope that Ilija Gareski and Aleksandar Gjorgievski had a great time at the AWS Summit and that next year we will be part of it again.
Latest 5 posts from Renata
- Navigating Project Management Challenges with Jira: A Spotlight on Story Functionality
- Meet Cvetanka: A Data Enthusiast and Speaker at the Belgrade Data Science Conference
- Cloud Computing Tools and Techniques Our Team Can’t Live Without – Insights from Borko Novachevski
- ⋮IWConnect Embraces Open Source Java: Exciting Moment for Our Java Team
- Kubernetes Architects: The ⋮IWConnect’s Masterminds Powering Our Cloud Operations