When posed with challenges and uncertain times, people usually tend to think about all the negative that could come up of a situation, and are listening only to negative news. We know for sure that this influences our spirit and mindset, sometimes making us not even able to think and act clearly.
Coronavirus situation and work-from-home preventive measures have made the face-to-face interaction hard and have challenged us to find new ways to at least substitute it with something that will be close to what we experienced each day while working in the offices. Sharing morning thoughts, jokes and conversations have been limited to using Skype and other tools for online communication. But, how can we make the most of this situation?
We have come up with a way to keep the positive spirit among us up – we have created a Skype group conversation including all our employees where each day we post a question related to some positive emotion. The person that wants to answer the question is allowed to do it, even multiple times during the days. We believe that this is one way of reminding us of the good and positive things that happen, and when we share it with our closest – family, relatives, friends, colleagues – the degree of positivity just increases. Following several questions with some of the answers:
What am I happy about in my life right now? What about it makes me happy, and how does that make me feel?
- Right now I’m so happy that I can spend more time with my daughter and the rest of my family ?
- I am happy for realizing that all the little things are actually the big ones. Coffee with friends, quality time with family, going for a walk or just sitting in the park. I feel grateful that I have some extra time to reminisce about all the blessings I have in my life.
- I am happy that Coronavirus contributed to air pollution reduction and we have cleaner air ?, also I am really happy to see Macedonians united in one thing which is the battle against the pandemic. I am proud of how we Macedonians manage the whole situation and I am pleasantly surprised.
- Happy that do not have to step out for a smoke ? (I know it sounds ridiculous, but it makes me happy that I do not have to step out)
- In times like this what makes me happy is that now I have time to devote to myself and work. It seems as after all that we need is just good planning and managing of time.
What am I excited about in my life right now?
- I am excited because I bought myself brand new kettlebells and a pull-up bar. Just kidding ? I am excited when I think on our first day out, after this pass.
- I’m excited that so many people including myself became more conscious about the gift of life and many privileges we have and we take for granted. I’m excited about the opportunities I see now and also for the expansion after we’re over with this.
- I am excited for my new position in Inteworks and coding some badass code, and also excited for this year’s racing season in which hopefully I will become a champion ?
- I am excited that I can learn something new every day while I can work from home. ?
What am I proud of in my life right now? What about it makes me proud, and how does it make me feel?
- I am proud that regardless of the situation that we are in now, we all strive to give the best out of ourselves, and to find new ways of doing things – more specifically I am proud that we continue to be physically active despite staying at home, and that we increased the communication between us – though it is not face to face. But, I do really hope that this will end soon and we will get back to how it was before, but a bit wiser. Have a great day everyone! ?
- I am proud of myself when I am going to look back on all the progress I made and I am glad that I didn’t quit. My reward for my success is that I am part of the IW family. Stay safe guys.
- I am really fascinated by the inner POWER everybody in IW has and grateful to part of the AVENGERS ?
- I am proud that I am part of a team that manages to stay even more productive in times like these. I am proud that even more ideas and further collaborations come even we work remotely.
What am I grateful for in my life right now? What about it makes me grateful, and how does it make me feel?
- I always say … 5 minutes spent in life helping someone is nothing compared to eternity … I’m grateful to everyone who gave these 5 minutes to me
- I am grateful for another beautiful day on this beautiful planet, with all these beautiful people.
- I am grateful that first my friends, relatives, colleagues including me are all healthy, and that we are all connected to each other and spend time together.
- I’m grateful to God!
- I’m grateful that my family is healthy and safe. I’m also grateful that we are supporting and respecting each other in this hard period.
- I am grateful for electricity, because imagine if we had to stay home and we didn’t have any electricity
- I am grateful for the small things in life that make my kids laugh, yesterday that was using dining plates instead of ⚽️ (they are unbreakable so no accidents)
What am I enjoying in my life right now?
What about it gives me joy, and how does it make me feel?
- Morning! Rise and shine people ?? I enjoy the time that I have to spend with my kids and to learn new games that we play together.
- I enjoy my first-morning coffee with my parents after a long time ?
- I enjoy the smile of my kids that are so happy and excited that see me again working from home
- I am enjoying the opportunity to sit on the balcony and work while the sun is shining. I enjoy the time given to use as you want, and the pause of all that rushing around during the day ?
- I enjoy watching my kids sleep so peacefully
- I enjoy every moment of the day in small things which are the sources of happiness, cherishing the thoughts everything is fluid and only certainty in life is perpetual change.
To be continued…
Latest 5 posts from Andrijana
- Accelerating Mobile Application Development with React Native
- Transform Yourself and Reach Your Goals – Transformational Leadership Summit
- Celebrating the Opening of Our New Headquarters in Bitola with an Amazing Great Gatsby Themed Party
- ⋮IWConnect Announces Office Relocation and Expansion
- Top 20 Most Visited Blog Posts