Overview & Challenge
The client is the 6th largest telephone and cable operator in the USA, operating on the market for more than 20 years. The users’ number increases over the year, making it to be among the best telephone and cable USA operators. One way to keep the success going up and the steady service it offers is by constantly upgrading the already existing offers, and adding a new one as time and technology required.
While providing services for so long time, the Client has been faced with the challenge of finding a trusted and shared way to manage financial information and minimize the manual creation of reports. Besides this, some of the other challenges that they experienced were:
- All of the previously implemented integration efforts, introduced a lot of point-to-point solutions resulting in a complex architecture, adding significant effort onto each project and technical debt in terms of ongoing support. Integration became a problem by demanding a lot of attention and effort of IT teams, losing focus on the more critical tasks,
- Many business-critical applications, for example, Corporate Data Warehouse, had no integration layer, which led to performance issues such as prolonged periods to restore service following application failures,
- Existing integration components were not documented properly, making it hard to maintain and improve the integration flows,
- The organization also dealt with a lack of management and monitoring tools and as a result, some of the systems had to be restored manually upon failures, etc.
The solution included implementation of a modern and flexible integration solution using SnapLogic iPaaS platform, which supported Client’s integration needs and provided a trusted and efficient way to view and manage information about finances, people, suppliers, fleet, and consumables across the enterprise.
- Reduction of integration complexity by introducing unified, scalable, and easy to maintain integration solution led to 30% reduction in deployment and maintenance costs.
- The new integration solutions provided a 360-degree view of the company’s entities and assets that led to significantly increased asset utilization.
- The effort to connect and communicate with industry-leading on-premise and SaaS-based applications (such as SAP and Workday) was reduced by 40%.
- The client achieved less duplication and more automation for better management of customer records and payments improving the overall company cash flow. Cost controls were enforced by approving spending before goods or services are ordered.
- A complete view of vendors, materials, and contracts across the company, which significantly improved the management decision-making process.