The Client is a global leader in advertising and public relations services. Founded in Tokyo in 1901, the company has since established a significant footprint in the media and marketing industry, offering a range of integrated services including digital content, communications, and media planning. Client’s innovative approach to advertising and its dedication to excellence have propelled it to the forefront of the advertising world. Over the years, it has witnessed substantial growth, expanding its reach to multiple countries and consistently evolving its services to cater to the ever-changing landscape of media and communication.
To support their exponential growth and market expansion, as part of their ongoing digital transformation strategy, the Client wanted to enhance their reporting mechanisms by tapping into the rich data from various timesheet systems, with the goal of producing in-depth Power BI reports. On the path to achieving their objective, the Client faced 2 major challenges:
Challenge 1: Centralizing Timesheet Data
Before finding an appropriate solution, the company grappled with decentralized data spread across multiple sources. This fragmentation led to:
- Inconsistencies in Reporting: Different systems sometimes reported different figures for the same metrics, leading to unreliable business insights.
- Delayed Decision Making: Extracting insights became a time-consuming affair, affecting their agility in the market.
- Increased Operational Costs: Managing multiple systems and manually collating data skyrocketed operational costs.
The business implications were clear – without a unified data source, the company risked making misguided decisions, resulting in potential revenue loss.
Challenge 2: Automation of Project Documentation
Developing numerous integrations came with the weighty responsibility of documentation. The company found:
- Drain on Resources: Significant time and effort were diverted from core development activities to manual documentation.
- Inconsistency: Manually created documentation varied in detail and clarity, risking misunderstandings and errors.
- Project Delays: The balance between development and documentation was hard to maintain, causing project timelines to be extended.
Centralize timesheet data for consistent and timely Power BI reporting and streamline the documentation process without compromising on integration development.
Solution & Outcome
Using SnapLogic, the company seamlessly integrated timesheet data from various sources into a unified platform, paving the way for accurate Power BI reports. To address the documentation challenge, they employed Virtual Assistant Pete. This tool automatically generated all necessary documentation for the SnapLogic integrations. With centralized data and automated documentation, the company enhanced its reporting accuracy and efficiency, optimizing both their business insights and operational efficiency.
- Enhanced Decision-making: With consistent data at their fingertips, the company reported a 40% improvement in decision-making accuracy.
- Time Efficiency: The automation of documentation through Pete led to a 99% reduction in time spent on documentation, reallocating this time to core developmental activities.
- Cost Savings: With centralized data processes and automated documentation, the company reported a 60% reduction in operational costs.
- Project Punctuality: Automated documentation ensured that project timelines remained on track, improving project delivery by 90%.
With a unified data model and automated documentation, the company not only streamlined its reporting but also significantly amplified its operational prowess, setting a benchmark in business intelligence and efficiency.