⋮IWConnect has an open position for Database Operations Engineer to join our Data Management team in our offices in Bitola, Prilep, or Skopje, Macedonia.
Our DevOps team has been working on supporting our clients for years now. And as the clients’ businesses are growing, so thus our need to expand our team. As part of our team, you will be responsible for building/configuring databases, migrating, and replicating existing data into new databases, and managing DB access control. You will be also responsible for routine backup maintenance, various DB environments (DEV, QA, PROD) refreshes, monitoring the replication process, initial troubleshooting steps. You will collaborate with a team of data professionals to produce deliverables and contribute to the needed steps of solution implementation.
- Installing and configuring SQL Server/Amazon RDS Postgres (Linux/Windows)
- Migrating and replicating data into the new database
- Monitoring system’s health and performance, troubleshooting skills regarding database performance and storage space
- SSIS and SSRS familiarity
- Basic knowledge of CI/CD concepts
- Source Code Management (Git, TFS, VSTS)
- Windows Active Directory for user management
- Performing scheduled DB maintenance and support release deployment
- Backups, restores, and recovery models
- Security best practices and troubleshooting
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken)
Good to have skills
- Experience of High Availability (HA) options for SQL Server
- Experience with some monitoring tools (SolarWinds, Data Dog, etc)
- Creating DTS packages
- Ability to develop ETL processes and load data into a warehouse
- Any DB related certificates
- Team player
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Participation in knowledge sharing
- Willing and able to travel when required
- Excellent English oral and written communication
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical problem-solving capabilities
- Able to find different ways of implementing solutions and solving problems
You will be responsible for
- Building/configuring databases
- Migrating and replicating existing data into new databases
- Managing DB access control
- Routine backup maintenance
- Various DB environments (DEV, QA, PROD) refreshes
- Monitoring replication process
- Initial troubleshooting steps
What we offer
At ⋮IWConnect, we believe in our people. We believe in their ambition, creativity, and hard work to achieve what they have set, and we believe that by investing in them, we invest in our future – they are our most valuable asset. We focus on promoting culture and building a place where you can freely share your mistakes, opinions, and knowledge.
- full-time employment
- competitive salaries
- performance-related benefits and bonuses
- opportunity for personal & professional development
- possibility for international travel
- dynamic working environment
- private health insurance and much more.
⋮IWConnect is an equal opportunity employer and the Equal Employment Opportunity is our fundamental principle. What we care for is your expertise, ambition to develop personally and professionally, and your values, regardless of your gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or marital status. We emphasize diversity, equality and flexible working.
We work with the latest integration technologies, like MuleSoft, SnapLogic, TIBCO, we have one of the biggest Quality Assurance practices and we have expertise in AI, Machine Learning, Big Data, Microsoft, PHP, Mobile Development, AWS Cloud, Data Management, Business Support, and DevOps. Our clients are located in the USA and Europe and you can find us in Bitola, Prilep, and Skopje.