⋮IWConnect has an open position for a Data Engineer to join our Data Management team.
Our Data Management team has been using data to help our clients become better and more efficient for years now. The power of data is tremendous and it can be used to change the world for the better. In our quest to use data in order to empower our clients, we are looking for a junior data engineer or a senior data engineer to join our team. These data engineer openings are a unique chance to be part of our rapidly-growing environment and work on super cool technologies related to data and analytics. Also, they are part of the most growing trends in technology these days.
If you have the right data engineer qualifications and you are willing to accept this challenge, don’t hesitate. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of contemporary technologies and concepts in the field of Data Management, Business Intelligence, and Data warehousing. If you want to find out more about what we do, check out our Data Management page to see our data engineer positions and the work we construct.
Also, if you are searching for data engineer contract jobs in order to become a data engineer that works in a fantastic environment, you have come to the proper place.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Partner with customers and business analysts to understand business needs and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Help improve and automate existing data processes and pipelines to create greater efficiency in production of analytic products
- Navigate various data sources and efficiently locate data in a complex data ecosystem
- Maintain and support deployed ETL/ELT pipelines and ensure data quality
- Making sure data is provided properly, to the right people, is of the highest possible quality and that all PII data is treated according to GDPR and local legislation where applicable
- Produce and maintain documentation including design documents, data, process models, master data management, and data dictionaries
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, working experience with relational databases (Snowflake, Redshift, Postgres, etc.) and SQL.
- Database experience including NoSQL databases like MongoDb, Cassandra etc.
- Experience with working with one of the cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Experience in creating pipelines for real time and near real time integration working with different data sources – flat files, XML, JSON, Avro files and databases
- Experienced with EDA and ELT/ETL processes using Python, Spark, PySpark etc; set up and schedule jobs with DBT, Airflow, and cron
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Understanding of Machine Learning methodologies (statistical, quantitative, forecasting/predictive) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- A humble and can-do attitude
- Disciplined, responsible, reliable person
- Comfortable in working with a team as well as independently
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Willing and able to travel when required
- Data engineer remote or not; obsessed with data, maximizing data efficiency, finding logic in everything.
- Data engineer specialist who is the most organized person in the room.
- Living life to the fullest, knowing that you get what you work for not what you wish for.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and the ability to think in a critical manner.
- Go-getter never willing to accept ‘’No’’ in order to achieve their goals.
- Leader, team-player, always willing to lend a hand and understanding that team success is the final goal.
We know that looking for a data engineer contract is not always easy, but here you have a data engineer vacancy that can be filled by your expertise directly.
⋮IWConnect is an equal opportunity employer and the Equal Employment Opportunity is our fundamental principle for all job positions. What we care for is your expertise, ambition to develop personally and professionally, and your values, regardless of your gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or marital status. We emphasize diversity, equality and flexible working.
We work with the latest integration technologies, like MuleSoft, SnapLogic, TIBCO. We have one of the biggest Quality Assurance practices and we have expertise in AI, Machine Learning, Big Data, Microsoft, PHP, Mobile Development, AWS Cloud, Data Management, Business Support, and DevOps. Our clients are located in the USA and Europe and you can find us in Bitola, Prilep, Skopje, and Amsterdam, Netherlands.