⋮IWConnect has an open position for a Data Engineer to join our Data Management team.
Our Data Management team has been using data to help our clients become better and more efficient for years now. The power of data is tremendous and it can be used to change the world for the better. In our quest to use data in order to empower our clients, we are looking for a new member to join our team. This is a unique chance to be part of our rapid-growing environment and work on super cool technologies related to data and analytics, which are part of the most growing trends in technology these days.
If you are willing to accept this challenge, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of contemporary technologies and concepts in the field of Data Management, Business Intelligence, and Data warehousing. If you want to find out more about what we do, check out our Data Management page.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Partner with customers and business analysts to understand business needs and build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Help improve and automate existing data processes and pipelines to create greater efficiency in production of analytic products
- Navigate various data sources and efficiently locate data in a complex data ecosystem
- Maintain and support deployed ETL/ELT pipelines and ensure data quality
- Making sure data is provided properly, to the right people, is of the highest possible quality and that all PII data is treated according to GDPR and local legislation where applicable
- Produce and maintain documentation including design documents, data, process models, master data management, and data dictionaries
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, working experience with relational databases (Snowflake, Redshift, Postgres, etc.) and SQL.
- Database experience including NoSQL databases like MongoDb, Cassandra etc.
- Experience with working with one of the cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Experience in creating pipelines for real time and near real time integration working with different data sources – flat files, XML, JSON, Avro files and databases
- Experienced with EDA and ELT/ETL processes using Python, Spark, PySpark etc; set up and schedule jobs with DBT, Airflow, and cron
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Understanding of Machine Learning methodologies (statistical, quantitative, forecasting/predictive) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- A humble and can-do attitude
- Disciplined, responsible, reliable person
- Comfortable in working with a team as well as independently
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Willing and able to travel when required
- Obsessed with data, maximizing data efficiency, finding logic in everything
- The most organized person in the room
- Living life to the fullest, knowing that you get what you work for not what you wish for
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and the ability to think in a critical manner
- Go-getter never willing to accept No in order to achieve their goals
- Leader, team-player, always willing to land a hand and understanding that team success is the final goal